Biswajith Dhar on “Patent Pool”
Addressing India the speaker put forward the diminishing use of TRIPs flexibility, our business model and present behaviour of the generics. In his conclusion he also raised the need for user to become aware of the implication and impact of MNC’s over the market and start questioning the same as there is no Government questioning the practices taking place.
Summer Fellowship The Committee decided that none of the proposals received from applicants this year deserves to be awarded IUCIPRS Justice Rajagopala Ayyangar Summer Fellowship 2016-17.
Refresher Course – Series III The Centre is organising seven days Refresher Course -Series III for teachers and researchers in intellectual property laws from 16th June 2017 to 23rd June 2017. The theme of Refresher Course -Series III is Copyright : a social justice perspective. For more details click brochure and programme schedule
Rethinking Intellectual Property Rights The Centre had organised an Annual National Workshop for Law Students on Indian Copyright Law : and Entertainment Industry from 8th to 10th February 2017 in which persons from entertainment industry as well as other media participated and the interactive event was very much useful to the students and resource persons.
KSIDC-IUCIPRS signs MOU to boost start ups
The Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding on January 10, 2017 with The Inter-University Centre for Intellectual Property Rights Studies (IUCIPRS) of the Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) for spreading awareness about the importance of intellectual property rights and carrying out novelty search and facilitating filing of provisional patent applications for inventions of the start-ups.
Fellowship Recepients 2016-’17 IUCIPRS Minor Research Projects Fellowship has been awarded to Dr. Joshy Mathew, Assistant Professor, Dept. of History, Pazhassiraja College, Wayanad and Ms. Rujitha T R, Assistant Professor, IUCIPRS, CUSAT.
Fellowship Recepients 2015-’16
- IUCIPRS Minor Research Project Fellowship 2015-’16 has been awarded to Dr. Poulami Aich Mukherjee, Assistant Professor, Department of History, Assumption College, Changanacherry and Prof. (Dr.) Padma Nambisan,Professor, Department of Biotechnology, CUSAT .
- IUCIPRS PhD Fellowship 2015-’16 has been granted to Ms. Radhika A M, Research scholar, Department of Agricultural Economics, College of Horticulture, Kerala Agricultural University.
- IUCIPRS Justice Rajagopala Ayyangar Summer Fellowship 2015-’16 has been honored by Ms. Rujitha T R, Assistant Professor, IUCIPRS and Ms. Madhuri Anand, Assistant Professor
Programs Conducted 2015-2016
- World IP Day Celebrations 2015 – Round Table on ” Copyright and Music Industry” more
- IPR Facilitation Cell and Patent Filing
- Workshop on Patent Claim Construction
- Workshop on Facilitating Innovations and Patent Filing
- Fellowships, projects, scholarships
- Workshop on Protection of Traditional Knowledge Associated with Genetic Resources : International and National Initiatives
- National Conference on Visually Disabled and Copyright Regime
- Commencing LLM One Year with IPR Specialisation
- Refresher Course for Law teachers on “Developmental Perspectives of Intellectual Property Law”
Inter University Centre for Intellectual Property Rights Studies operated in the second floor of School of Legal Studies Building, CUSAT is shifted to the new building opposite to SLS, CUSAT and started functioning on 25th October 2014.